- Familiar with basics of C#, LINQ, Python and R
- Bootstrap 4
- Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, Microstrategy Analytics Enterprise, Microsoft Power BI, Visual Studio, Wordpress, Concret5 CMS
McCracken County Public Library | Paducah, KY
Systems and Web Services Librarian | 2017-Present
- System Administrator for the library’s Integrated Library System and related technologies.
- Data analysis and report creation (Using Microstrategy Enterprise, Excel, Power BI).
- Developed an online tool to allow staff to manage a database of patron suggestions.
- Web development, design, and content creation for the library’s primary website, online catalog, and historical digital collections site.
- Ongoing development of online solutions for more personalized material recommendations for patrons.
- Supervise full and part-time staff.
- Involved in technology procurement decisions, policy creation, and interviewing.
- Print and web marketing material design.
- Social media content creation.
- Provide technology assistance and training to the public.
Library Assistant - Special Projects | 2012-2017
- Mange the library’s web presence, including the web site and social media.
- Design marketing materials, flyers, posters, advertisements, and more in support of library services and programming.
- Materials selector for Adult Services DVD section.
- Assist patrons with reference questions, technology issues, and reader’s advisory.
Library Clerk | 2006-2012
- Work closely with the public to help them find books and other media related to their interests.
- Shelve books and other materials.
- Assist patrons with research requests and technology questions at the Information Desk.
University of Kentucky | Lexington, KY
Library and Information Science | MSLS | 2012-2016
- Focus on data management & information retrieval, data science, research services, and technologies to improve service to users.
Agricultural Economics | MS | 2009-2011
- Economic development, econometrics, rural-urban differences, land use planning.
Geography | BA | 2005-2009
- Urban geography, land use planning, economic geography.
2018 Charlene Davis Excellence in Technology Award
- Presented by the Kentucky Public Library Association to recognize outstanding achievement in the use of technology to advance the work of public libraries in Kentucky.